It’s that time of year when the cold is biting, and it is time to get your winter coat out of storage. But maybe your coat doesn’t fit anymore, or it is the wrong style for the season. Investing in a great coat is crucial. There is so many products on the market, it can be difficult to know what to look for.
A winter coat should serve one purpose – it must keep you warm! This winter coat buying guide will give you some great tips on how to find that perfect coat, and how to save money in the process.
- Choose the right material – Decide on a material that is right for your lifestyle. Wool is a great option for warmth. A lighter and thinner material may be perfect for a cooler Spring and Autumn too. Always try on your coat before you buy it. Even if you buy it online you still have the option to send it back.
- Get the right look – Keep it simple and stylist. Colourful fabrics and prints are a big no-no, as they go out of fashion so quickly. Go for simple colours, such as black and white, and choose a design that suits your personality. Always keep in mind what you need in a good coat too, such as needing a hood, plenty of pockets, zips or buttons. There’s so much to consider!
- Choose the right size – A great fitting coat is a must have for winter. You want to be comfortable, warm and on trend this season.
- Have a look around – Browse online or take a stroll down the high street and pick a few options that you like. You can then narrow it down by how much it suits you, and how affordable it is.
- Save some money – There’s always some great discount codes online, which is perfect for web shopping. Summer sales are always a great time to pick up a fab winter coat, at half the price too!
A great winter coat needs to keep you warm and dry during all weathers. So choose a coat that you love, but is also practical for everyday use too! If you have trouble finding the perfect clothes to suit you, consider hiring a personal shopper to help you AND your wardrobe.